Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 6 - House 1 (extension)

Agyness Deyn
Miss Deyn is a shy, quiet person but she will not hide away if she is needed for her work life such as interviews, filming movies, etc. She's is a tomboy which show in her style especially with her short cut hair since her early teen. She's into her motorbikes and scooters with her leather jackets.

So after finding out Agyness like her motorbikes this idea stuck to me.

My design is base her shy quiet personality plus her favourite...motorbike. Her house is elevated above ground to adapt to her quiet life and giving her a great view of her surround. Also, provides a grand driveway entrance that runs underneath the house.


The Making Of Agnyess Deyn's House

The process of getting model ready for laser cut.
Intersecting slicer models then creating lines to cut. Took me roughly 2 days to cut out the slots for the pieces to interconnect. (if anyone know a easier solution please let me know.)




So here's the laser cut slices.... and 3d print of the outdoor shelter
 
 
Stuffed up 3 times before it actually printed

 
The raft took a while to put off. there's still strings of the raft stuck to the model. 
Moveable lovres on the sides and sliding panels in the middle. This allows more sunlight through during the day and during the night the panels can be moved to allow views of the night sky, as well as enjoy more sunlight during the day. 

Assembling the laser slices.. which took almost 5 hours.... I also use the following adhesive. The bottle one didn't work so well for my model as I couldn't clamp the pieces together for a strong hold. The tube adhesive worked much better because it was a thicker so I could just leave a blob of it on the joints and let it dry over night.  

 
First, I start of aligning the pieces accordingly (horizontal & Vertical axis)
    
From there I started merging the 2 planes into 1. 
        
I tried using the bottled acrylic adhesive first but after a good 6 hours you notice most of the pieces could easily be pulled off without a fight. So I decided to use the tube version where I applied a blob and within a 20 minutes the pieces are well glued together by tugging. 
   

Model 1

Using the slicer method for my curved shaped design didn't quite work out that well.
 

Model 2
This model shows a better version of the curve shape by slicing 2 different planes and merging it together.
 
     








No comments:

Post a Comment