Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 5 - Room Closed (Not OH&S Approved)

Room Closed (Not OH&S Approved)
Well that's a set back for all of us. We don't know when we are allow to use to the room.
So the room is finally opened again, which is great but the foam cutter has not been OH&S approved so we're not allow to use that.

Laser Cut was in repairs for a few days.

Here's what I manage to squeeze in for this week. Glad for the extension week so I can create better laser cut files.

3D print of roof with support and raft. Wasn't able to take off all the support so I will have to try to file it down.

 

Laser cut 
My boxboard measured at 2.25mm thick. Even when I set the thickness at 3.5mm to cut it was not cutting through. I had to laser cut over the original cut once more for every time.

 

Assembling - Didn't turn out the way I want it to. Now that I have more time I might try to fix this model.  I tried using this glue that specify that it can be use for Styrofoam but it failed miserably. It ate into the foam and wouldn't stick. For this model I used double sided tape. 

  

Also, here's a short video of me creating my curve structure after spending a day on sketchup tutorials the day before. Probably took me a good few hours to create the structure that close to what I want. After all the time creating I was shattered to find out that my object wouldn't slice. Nothing seem to work so I basically had to rebuild the object using another tool (I think loft tool).


Hmmm... Looks like the video didn't come out... 
Here's the link to the screen shots. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/edjtkkaxnhtxzda/WOKTWwi1_c



No comments:

Post a Comment